Clifford J. Bond
Mr. Bond is an accomplished commercial and securities litigation attorney with extensive experience in state and federal courts, including federal bankruptcy courts and arbitration tribunals. Experienced in handling both large complex and smaller cases involving high net-worth individuals and closely-held companies, Clifford has a proven ability to successfully litigate cases from start to finish, whether they are resolved by motion practice, settlement or trial.
Clifford received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the State University of New York at Binghamton and his Juris Doctor from Georgetown University Law Center, where he was a member of the Dean’s List and the Tax Lawyer Law Review. He is admitted to the bar of the State of New York and the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
- Served as lead counsel for medical practice and its principal in several disputes with former partner and other related parties involving millions of dollars in New York State Courts and before the American Arbitration Association.
- Served as lead counsel in successful defense of mortgage banking company and its principal against warehouse banks alleging embezzlement.
- Successfully drafted and argued summary judgment motions seeking dismissal of claims against accounting firm for malpractice, based on res judicata, after prior counsel to accounting firm failed to seek such relief, and successfully defended motions for reargument and appeals through denied motion for leave to appeal to the New York State Court of Appeals.
- Represented plaintiffs in securities fraud action against publicly held technology company, which resulted in a substantial settlement for the plaintiffs.
- Successfully defended, in New York State Supreme Court and federal bankruptcy court, multimillion dollar claims by banks against principals of bankrupt diamond manufacturer based on principals' personal guaranties in connection with revolving credit lines.
- Negotiated and drafted substantial settlement agreement and release among disputing members of a broker/dealer.
- Successfully drafted and argued appeal to the New York State Appellate Division, Second Department of lower court decision affirming decisions of New York Department of Environmental Protection and New York City Water Board that water and sewer charges assessed against cooperative apartment corporation property had a rational basis, resulting in reversal of lower court decision and remand.
- Represented hedge fund in action against public company for improper redemption of warrants, which resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Successfully drafted motion to dismiss commercial holdover proceeding against coin operated laundry machine company resulting in further clarification of the factors to be applied in analyzing whether an agreement is a lease or license.
- Litigated and settled short swing profit actions brought under the federal securities laws against officers and shareholders of publicly held companies who purchased and sold shares of stock in their companies.
- Represented privately held money management company in connection with its action against another investment company for fraud and other misconduct concerning investments and hedging transactions, which led to a favorable settlement on behalf of the plaintiffs.